Commercial Auto Insurance in Campbell, CA and San Jose, CA
Companies often use vehicles for business. Whether it’s transporting goods, meeting customers or running business-related errands, a business may purchase a single vehicle—or a fleet of them—for company purposes. Sometimes, a company may even have its employees drive their personal vehicles for work-related business. If one of your company’s vehicles is involved in an accident and you don’t have the right insurance, your business could inadvertently put its financial livelihood in danger.
Commercial auto insurance helps provide the financial safeguard a business needs so that it won’t face a catastrophic monetary setback just because of an accident. The Coverage Plus Insurance Agency can ensure you have the commercial auto coverage you need to protect your business financially.
What Are the Kinds of Commercial Auto Coverage?
Commercial auto insurance offers numerous coverage options, including:
· Collision insurance—This can help cover damage to your vehicle sustained in an accident.
· Comprehensive insurance—This coverage can help pay for damage from non-accident mishaps, such as weather damage, fires, theft or vandalism.
· Hired/non-owned auto liability insurance—This liability coverage often covers vehicles not owned by your business but are used by you for business purposes. These may include employees’ cars or vehicles that you rent or hire for temporary use.
· Liability insurance—This coverage can help pay for the damage you do to others when an accident is your fault.
o Bodily injury liability coverage can pay for third-party medical bills and sometimes death benefits.
o Property damage liability coverage can pay for damage to the other party’s property.
· Medical payments/personal injury protection—If you’re hurt in an accident, this coverage may help pay your or a passenger’s medical bills. Sometimes it may also cover other losses, such as lost income.
· Uninsured/underinsured motorist insurance—This may help protect against damage caused by someone else who doesn’t have suitable liability coverage.
Other policies and endorsements can also expand your business’s commercial auto benefits. We can see if any of these supplemental coverages apply to your business:
· Custom parts coverage
· Gap insurance
· Inland marine insurance
· Rental car reimbursement
· Replacement cost vehicle coverage
· Roadside assistance
What Is Included in a Commercial Auto Policy?
What’s covered under a commercial auto policy varies depending on the coverages and limits you’ve chosen. If you or one of your employees uses a company vehicle and causes an accident that injures someone or damages their property, a claim may be filed on your policy. Your liability coverage should pay damages on the claim up to the policy limit. But you or your business may be responsible for damages above your policy limit.
What Does Commercial Auto Coverage Cost?
Numerous factors can influence the cost of a commercial auto insurance policy, including:
· Your business’s size
· Quantity, prices and types of vehicles
· Number of employees driving company vehicles
· Your business and driving risks
· Employees’ driving records
· Amount of coverage
Generally, commercial auto coverage is more expensive than regular auto insurance because a business has a higher liability risk and property damage claims if it transports goods or people for money.
How We Can Help
The Coverage Plus Insurance Agency can help you obtain commercial auto insurance for your business’s needs and budget. Call us today at 408-626-7800 to get started on your commercial auto coverage.